Before IV Sedation & General Anesthesia
IV Sedation and General Anesthesia
- Refrain from the intake of food or liquid (even water, except for taking scheduled medications) for a minimum of eight hours prior to the procedure.
- Medications prescribed by your physician can be taken with a sip of water unless informed otherwise by our doctor.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours or until fully recovered from anesthesia. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt or blouse
Inhalation Sedation (Laughing Gas)
- Limit the intake of food or liquid (dairy products) to a light meal up to two hours prior to the procedure.
- Medications prescribed by your physician should be taken unless directed otherwise. If you would like a different type of sedation/anesthesia than the one you have originally schedule, please contact our office so that we may allow the appropriate resources and time for your treatment.